Search Sartoralist

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Sweat Away Your Frustrations

Like every other university student on the face of the earth, I am absolutely swamped with work. We all know that November is a time where the days are shorter and the to-do lists are longer so frustrations (and sleep deprivation) are bound to arise. I wanted to write this so that all of you stressed out students can know that a) you are not alone and b) you can feel better! 


While it wasn't always, my go-to stress reliever is a good workout. Of course it is hard to pull away from our studies or peel ourselves off of the couch, but I guarantee you it is worth it. If you are reading this and rolling your eyes, assuming I am the typical namaste health freak I promise you I am not. I am a regular student who found themselves getting a little too stressed and also tired of using excessive amounts of carbs to ease the pain. I wanted to see what all this fitness chit chat was about, and if it really was as easy as everyone made it seem. 

After my first week at the gym I realized that it is easy to turn a bad day into a good workout - in fact you do it without even really knowing. Half the battle is getting your runners on and doing something, but once you get on that treadmill, elliptical, or stairclimber you can slowly feel yourself calming down. You suddenly become less focused on your term paper due next week, and more focused on what you are doing right then and there. 

Ladies and gentlemen, if you find yourselves feeling as though you are about to give up hope and drop out of school take a deep breathe and channel your frustrations elsewhere. You will not only be getting some great exercise, but you will be giving your hard working brain a much needed break. 

Happy studying and stay stylish, xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment